Let a Jacksonville Car Accident Attorney Help if You’ve Been Involved in a Car Accident
Car accidents are among the most common causes of personal injuries. If you have been injured in a car accident in the Jacksonville, NC area, or have damage to your car, you need a Jacksonville car accident lawyer on your side who understands the law, can identify the critical facts, and help you recover the financial compensation you’re entitled to. Unfortunately, ther insurance company is not on your side; their job is to make money. They often do this by delaying or denying your claim, but they will often lure you into an undervalued settlement with the promise of quick money.
Common Types of Car Accidents in North Carolina
Every car accident is unique, and recovery can turn on even seemingly insignificant facts. Most of the most common types of car accidents include:
- Rear-end accidents
- Head-on collisions
- Sideswipe accidents
- “T-bone,” or broadside accidents
- Multi-vehicle accidents
- Uber or Lyft accidents
- Common carrier accidents
- Drunk driving accidents
- Distracted driving accidents
- Drowsy driving accidents
Each of these types of accidents presents unique challenges for recovery. At the Pope Law Firm, we have significant experience with all of these types of car accidents and can help you recover above and beyond any undervalued insurance settlement offer. Talk to us even before you speak to any insurance company, and never sign a written statement or agree to make a recorded statement. We will represent you and help you avoid any costly mistakes.
Common Causes of North Carolina Car Accidents
Generally speaking, most car accidents are caused by driver negligence; in other words, failing to drive with reasonable care. Specifically, most car accidents are caused by:
- Impaired driving
- Distracted driving
- Reckless driving
- Running through intersections, typically drivers trying to “beat” a yellow light
- Careless lane changes
- Unlawful turns
- Inexperienced teenage driving
- Careless night driving
Additionally, some car accidents are caused by such things as inclement weather or design defects.
What Kinds of Injuries Are Common in North Carolina Car Accidents?
Aside from any property damage, car accidents can cause any number of injuries, not all of which are immediately symptomatic. Some of the more common injuries include:
- Soft tissue injuries. Soft tissue injuries, such as tendonitis, bursitis, cuts, contusions, strains, and sprains, are quite painful in the short term but do not usually carry long-term complications
- Brain, head, and neck injuries. These injuries include open head injuries, hematomas, concussions, contusions, nose injuries, skull fractures, facial fractures, neck fractures, whiplash, herniated necks, and coup-contrecoup (when the brain moves within the skull upon impact), are exceptionally dangerous and difficult to diagnose. Therefore, if you feel the slightest pain in your neck or head after a car accident, you should seek medical attention and legal advice as soon as possible.
- Broken bones.
- Back injuries. These injuries, including herniated discs, spinal fractures, and spondylolisthesis (when one of the vertebrae in the spine slips out of place), can have serious long-term effects for which you deserve to be compensated.
Let A Jacksonville Car Accident Attorney Help You Be Sure That All of Your Injuries Are Compensated For
It’s difficult to account for all of the injuries that may occur due to a car accident, especially long-term injuries or injuries that are not immediately symptomatic. Contact us for help before speaking to any insurance company.